Saturday, March 28

Photos Vs Images

So, let me explain everything to you people who don't notice every last detail (nobody's corrected my mistake in IndyCar yet, seems like a typo gets them all flustered, but an actual error goes by without notice) in a carset, and who don't follow the workshops, I will explain it to you in words that you should understand.

For every car, be it a team, or a genuine car, available in carsets, you see a picture, of that car, most often racing (exceptions to this inculde the Paul Cruishank car in V8s, and the Cadillac BLS in S2000, we really couldn't find any pictures of a racing Cadillac). However, recently, Matt decided that instead, it would be neat to have a scaled down version of the livery, and have the logos and stull in the background.

Now, personally, I don't much mind. I like the real photos, and, for carsets where I get a say, I will insist on them, but for other people, that's really their choice. But reall,y I just think that the little images with the BAT liveries, they just don't add stuff. What do you see from that which you can't see elsewhere.

However, I will respect that other people may disagree with me, for I can see that those images do look very much different, and could look sleek and professional, and yes, I appreciate that the pictures are only small and show little detail, but still, I like the pictures.

But Pieczar, Matt and various other people think that the images are better. When there was a poll on the workshop, 13 people wanted images, 11 pictures.

Now, that isn't really fair or represntative. The thing is, people on the workshop are (with the obvious exception of myself) more likely to be interested in the high quality liveries, and the graphics for use in game. The whole community might think differently from that lot.

But still, people convinced Pieczar that this is his set, and he should do what he wants, and that is images. And that is fair enough, I suppose.

Except that Jules doesn't want images. He wants real pictures. Now, personally, I agree with him, and he has every right to ask this kind of thing of Pieczar (and, frankly, he simply changed the logo for IndyCar without my knowledge, I say that, with the exception of the actual templates and liveries, he has every right to change everything that we submit to the builder).

But, all in all, I also think that it's a minor issue. Nobody's going to notice, and few, apart from the people who worked on the set, will make a big fuss. I wouldn't of minded if the other workshop went ahead with the images, it would have given each workshop a completely separate style, and would have given us some distinction, but either way is fine.

I guess that all I'm trying to say is that people shouldn't make a fuss when there isn't one to be made, and should just go about these things, and respect other people's decisions.

Or I'd hope so at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment